Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Sometimes a Gentle Reminder Of What Could Have Been Is a Good Thing...

It is amazing how time changes things, very few things remain unchanged with time.
I was reminded last night how much EVERYTHING for me has changed in the last 8-ish years. I got a message from an old friend, a friend who has been through a lot with me. In the message she said that she is glad she found me still alive and actually doing good. That statement kind of took my breath away.
Had God not changed my life, I probably would not be alive today. If I were to still be alive in the life I was living, I can guarantee you that there are very few people who would consider me to be doing good.
I needed that reminder. The reminder of how awesome God it. How He can change anything, if we let Him. How much He blesses me with - I have an amazing husband and three daughters and actually have relationships with my family members.
Something that my pastor said in church this Sunday was that whatever we are going through now, God is using to prepare us for what will come next. I think that I appreciate my life now and the people in it more because of my past. I am not sure if that makes much sense, but it is true.
Looking at my life right now, things don't seem so bad. My little gripes about things, seem less important...

Have you had any gentle reminders, that seem to come at just the right time, to help put things in perspective?
Have a Blessed Day!!

3 comments:

  1. YUP, know just what you mean ... and I also was listening close this past Sunday and felt moved as well. I'm extremely grateful for you and all of the blessings too. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad my words can mean somethings special and remind you or the good and the bad and the positive things you have done to be the great person that you molded your self to be. Buddy its been a while since we have seen each other and I know you and I have change very much so, but it will be my honor to get to know you again, I want to be there for you like you were for me when I needed someone the most,I will stand by and be your friend for the good and bad that my come your way miss Katrina. Your one and only so never forget your special and I am proud to call you a friend for the great healthy person you have become. I pray for you to have a safe trip to were the hubby is. Take a moment when you have them all together and talk a long look at them and see your greatest accomplishments my friend I promise it will take your breath away. it does me when things get hard and I need a quick reminder why I dont give up on life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband reminds me every now and then of where I came from, just by commenting on how much I've changed since we've been together (3 years).
    It's truly amazing to see where I've come from.
    Sometimes we forget to thank God for saving us from our past :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and let me know what you think! I love to hear all of your opinions (agreeing and disagreeing with me) and will comment back!