Saturday, August 27, 2011

I just watched my husband leave...

With the car packed full of as much as it can be, I just watched my husband drive away. Up until last night when we were loading the car with a table, clothes, food, a few pots & pans, other kitchen gadgets, and the fireworks we have that we can't light off here, up until that point all of this seemed a little different. Now, as I watched my husband drive away, knowing that it could be four months until we see him again, I just want to cry. BUT I am not going to - not now.
This is a separation that will be good for our family in the long run. Zack starts his new job in a couple of days so he has to be there now. For the girls and me to stay and finish this semester, it will make getting into the nursing program at MSUB a lot easier and I won't have to retake any of my classes. I keep reminding myself that it will be worth it!
If you could please keep Zack in your thoughts and prayers, as he is driving 14.5 hours today and then just a few hours tomorrow, I would be so thankful!

3 comments:

  1. Katrina,

    I lift you and your family in prayers right now. It is hard to be put in a situation to separate.. however when we are able to see the big picture we know that it will be the best.

    a latte of blessings & giggles,
    Jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saying a prayer for y'all now. You can get through this and you'll both be that much stronger for it.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and let me know what you think! I love to hear all of your opinions (agreeing and disagreeing with me) and will comment back!