Monday, July 25, 2011

Do everything in love!

Do everything in love.
This is a concept that seems so simple, yet can be so difficult at times. At least for me.
Being a stay at home wife and mother is one of the most rewarding positions that I have ever had. I get to teach my children and instill in them the values that my husband and I choose, I get to be here for all of the milestones, I have a little window into their minds when I watch them play! There are so many blessings that come with staying home and raising a family.
There are also so many thankless tasks that need to be done. It is so easy to complain when I am starting the third load of laundry in a day, or doing the dishes again, making beds, etc. Really, it is easy to grumble and complain -- mostly in my head!
When I remember that God wants us to do all things in love (1 Corinthians 16:14) it helps me to find enjoyment in the things that I do. I am happy to teach the kids how to make their beds, even though I sometimes have to re-make them. When I am doing the dishes or cleaning up, cooking dinner or dealing with cranky children, and I do it thinking of the love I have for my family, it doesn't seem like so much of a chore any more. Now my prayer is to continue to think of the love that I have to give because of the love Christ has for me!
I wish you all a great day and that you would reflect upon the love of Christ and how when we show that love in our lives how it makes us feel better and those around us too!
Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and let me know what you think! I love to hear all of your opinions (agreeing and disagreeing with me) and will comment back!